Letter of Recommendation Personal Fact Sheet
In order for your counselor to consider writing a letter of recommendation for you, a personal fact sheet must be filled out. Letters of recommendation are needed to complete college or scholarship applications in most cases. A personal fact sheet will ensure the most accurate and comprehensive information will be used in the letter. Click here to access the Personal Fact Sheet.
www.collegecovered.com a FREE resource on planning and paying for college.
Available Scholarships 2019-2020
Wace Scholarship Partner Institutions - www.waceinc.org
College Fairs Online is now offering a $1,000.00
Every Chance Every Texan - hundreds of scholarship web sites and applications.
Go to http://www.everychanceeverytexan.org/funding/aid/faidalpha.php to see a complete list.
Affordable Colleges Online - Free resources on topics such as financial aid, college saving strategies, affordability and scorecard rankings, opportunities for Veterans and people with disabilities, as well as online learning resources.
Go to http://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/
University Tutors Scholarship Contest -
University Tutors holds a monthly $1,000 college scholarship contest where students write an essay in response to a monthly prompt. Visitors to the University Tutors scholarship webpage are able to vote via social media for submitted entries. The top five entries with the most votes are reviewed by University Tutors at the end of the month and one winner is subsequently chosen to receive the $1,000 college scholarship. Interested students can enter the contest here: http://www.universitytutor.com/scholarship-contest
SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES - http://scholarships.fastweb.com/y-high-school-seniors?utm_source=solo&utm_content=201411_EDU%3futm_source=solo&utm_content=201411_EDU
JUNIOR SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES - http://scholarships.fastweb.com/y-high-school-juniors?utm_source=solo&utm_content=201411_EDU
The Phi Beta Kappa Association of West Texas -Eastern New Mexico wishes to recognize high school junior students who have outstanding academic records and honor them with its Academic Excellence Award. Application forms are available below.
National Society of High School Scholars Foundation Scholarships - http://nshssfoundation.org/scholarships
Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Southwest Scholarship Program - The scholarship is awarded to applicants who have either: (1) Had a serious childhood illness or injury OR (2) had a sibling who had a serious childhood illness or injury which impacted the family.
Applicants must submit the following:
(1) RMHC Scholars application www.RMHCsouthwest.com
(2) A narrative which includes information about the illness and how it impacted the applicant and his/her family (include information about use of Ronald McDonald House or Ronald McDonald Family Room if applicable) For additional information, contact Linda Limon at 806-744-8877
The Community Foundation of West Texas Funding Information Library - students can search the database of over 100,000 foundations. Many of these foundations offer scholarships. Visit www.communityfoundationofwesttexas.org for more information and a list of all scholarships available through The Community Foundation of West Texas
West Texas A&M University Scholarship Opportunities - www.wtamu.edu/scholarships
The Community Foundation of West Texas - A complete list of available scholarships including applications are available on our website at: https://www.cfwtx.org/current-scholarship
Open to eligible Lubbock County High School graduating seniors:
1. The Lubbock Manufacturing Scholarship is for those going into metal trades or industrial technologies. (DEADLINE: July 1)
2. The George Scott Jr. award is for an African American student from a Lubbock County high school who will be attending Texas Tech. (DEADLINE: May 15)
3. Fallen Heroes Scholarship is to assist with educational expenses of dependent survivors of service men and women and first responders who have died on active duty since September 11, 2001. (DEADLINE: Open)
4. **NEW** Honey Bear Scholar was launched in 2019 to honor the many contributions of Mary E. Massingill who retired from Lubbock ISD at the age of 85 after a 44-year career as a Kindergarten Teaching Assistant. Student must have attended Honey Elementary to be eligible to apply. (DEADLINE: April 15)
Specific or open to Frenship High School:
1. Danny Gunn Memorial Scholarship (Texas Area 1 FFA Schools)
This scholarship was established by Melinda Gunn in memory of Danny Gunn, a dedicated agriculture teacher and FFA advisor. Danny Gunn was proud of his students’ accomplishments and throughout his life impacted innumerable lives throughout his teaching career. Eligible students must be a graduating senior at a Texas Area 1 FFA High School with a GPA of 3.5 or higher, member of FFA in High School, and attending Texas Tech University or Texas A&M University.
Deadline to apply: April 30
2. Girl Scouts Gold Award Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Frances Winn for a graduating senior who has achieved the level of Gold Award with the Girl Scouts organization. Preference will be given to Lubbock Co. High School seniors then open to graduating seniors from Texas-Oklahoma Plains schools.
Deadline to apply: May 1
3. McMahan Family Scholarship Endowment
This scholarship fund was established through contributions to the 2017 Hero’s Luncheon honoring Linda and George McMahan. The scholarship will be presented to the graduating senior at Frenship High School who is number 3 in the graduating class or the first one after the Valedictorian or Salutatorian who will be attending Texas Tech.
No application to complete
4. Frenship High School Academic Award
This fund was established by Mr. Robert Snell to benefit outstanding graduating seniors of Frenship High School. Awards will be given to the Salutatorian and Valedictorian of FHS.
No application to complete
Students in the top 50% who have a corresponding ACT/SAT score may be guaranteed scholarships from Texas Tech University starting at $4000.00 per year. Review the new scholarship program here: www.depts.ttu.edu/admissions/cost-and-aid/FRScholarships1819.pdf
FROM THIS POINT DOWN, SCHOLARSHIPS ARE LISTED BY DATE OF APPLICATION DEADLINE
Willow Bend Elementary Teacher and Student Council Scholarship - The Willow Bend Family is excited to announce the start of this new scholarship. This scholarship will be awarded to a deserving student(s) who want to further their education. This scholarship is only available to past students of Willow Bend Elementary who are currently enrolled at Frenship High School. The scholarship will be awarded for the fall semester of 2020. The recipient(s) will be selected from a committee made up of teachers, students, and administrators. The selection committee will look at GPA, educational goals, reference letters, and extracurricular involvement. All applicant's personal information will be kept anonymous during the selection process. Recipient(s) will be notified by email once a decision has been made. Application for this scholarship is at the bottom of this page under Willow Bend Scholarship.
- Eligibility: Recipient must be enrolled at a college/university/trade school full time (12 credit hours) for Fall 2020. Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 upon graduation at Frenship High School
- Deadline: March 27, 2020
Mike Rowe Works Foundation - This Foundation is recognizing the folks they consider rock stars... The hardworking people who keep the lights on, water running, and air flowing. For more information go to www.mikeroweworks.org
- Eligibility: Enroll in an approved program, sign the S.W.E.A.T. pledge, send at least 2 references from bosses/teachers, answer 4 questions, make a short video, verify school costs, provide high school/college transcript and finally submit financial information.
- Deadline: 03/31/2020
Angelo State University - Seniors who have taken Dual Credit with ASU (at some point in their high school careers) are eligible for a $1,000.00 renewable scholarship: a total of $4,000.00 over 4 years. For more information call 1-800-946-8627 or email at myfuture.angelo.edu.
- Eligibility: Renewable for 4 years and dispersed each long semester at $500.00 for fall and $500.00 for spring.
Lubbock County Farm Bureau - The purpose of this program is to extend educational opportunities for area youth and to promote Farm Bureau in the community. Application for this scholarship is at the bottom of this page under Lubbock County Farm Bureau.
- Amount: $1,000.00 a year, $500.00 a semester
- Eligibility: Application is open to all High School Seniors whose families have been a member of Lubbock County Farm Bureau for a minimum of 1 year. Students are required to take at least 12 hours per semester. Students must maintain a 2.5 GPA to get the second semester money.
- Deadline: March 31, 2020 no later than 4:30 PM
Capital Farm Credit's Lubbock Credit Office - We will present two $1,000.00 scholarships to two deserving high school seniors. Application for this scholarship is at the bottom of this page under Capital Farm Credit Scholarship.
- Eligibility: Funds shall be used to attend an accredited vocational or technical school, college or university. Student must maintain full time status. Applicants must be seniors, graduating within the current school year. Currently has no less than a "B" grade average. Applicant must demonstrate that they have a tentative educational plan and goal, related to fields in agriculture or natural resources (may include Ag Communications, Ag Economics/Business, Ag Education, Wildlife or Ranch Management, etc.).
- Deadline: April 1, 2020
The Margaret Maher Scholarship - Helping to foster the minds and spirits of Catholic students from the Lubbock and South Plains area of Texas. For more information please go to https://www.margaretmaherscholarship.org
- Eligibility: The scholarship is awarded annually to deserving students who wish to attend a Catholic college or university. The criteria for selection include both academic achievement and financial need of the student. The scholarship may be renewed for a total of four years provided the student maintains full-time status and a cumulative 3.0 grade point average or higher based on a 4.0 scale. Final selection will be made by a selection committee appointed by the Margaret Maher Foundation.
- Deadline: April 15, 2020
The West Texas Home Builders Auxiliary - is now offering scholarships for students who will be enrolling in a Vocational or Trade School. Applicants will be considered only if nominated by a WTHB Association member or Auxiliary member. Applicants will be selected by the Auxiliary scholarship committee and consideration will be based on financial meed, employment history, career goals. letters of character references, and extracurricular activities. Recipients will be notified of decision by mail.
- Eligibility: Recipient must be accepted and enrolled in a vocational or trade school program, and must have a high school or GED.
- Deadline: April 17, 2020
- Application for this scholarship is at the bottom of this page under West Texas Home Builders Auxiliary.
Student View Scholarship Program - is a market research firm helping colleges and universities communicate more effectively with high school seniors. For more information will go to www.student-view.com
- Amount: One $5,000.00 scholarship, Two $1,000.00 scholarship and Ten $500.00 scholarships
- Eligibility: The scholarship will be awarded via a random drawing of all completed applications.
- Deadline: April 22, 2020
Lois' Legacy Memorial Scholarship - Please mail application to Oimzion International Ministries and Global Missions, P.O. Box 1914, Plainview, TX. 79073. Application for this scholarship is at the bottom of this page named Lois' Legacy Memorial Scholarship
- Amount: $1,000.00
- Eligibility: Must be a female, must be a high school senior graduating in spring 2020, must have a least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale, must supply acceptable letter to an accredited institution of high learning, must supply a sealed official high school transcript, must attend scholarship banquet on May 2, 2020 to be eligible.
- Deadline: April 24,2020
The Brylon Bradic and Alton Jackson Sr. Memorial Athletes Scholarship -
Please mail application to Oimzion International Ministries and Global Missions, P.O. Box 1914, Plainview, TX. 79073. Application for this scholarship is at the bottom of this page named The Brylon Bradic and Alton Jackson Sr. Scholarship
- Amount: $1,000.00
- Eligibility: Must be a student athlete, must be a high school senior graduating in spring 2020, must have a least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale, must supply acceptable letter to an accredited institution of high learning, must supply a sealed official high school transcript, must attend scholarship banquet on May 2, 2020 to be eligible.
- Deadline: April 24,2020
The Ryan Earl Brooks Memorial Scholarship -
Please mail application to Oimzion International Ministries and Global Missions, P.O. Box 1914, Plainview, TX. 79073. Application for this scholarship is at the bottom of this page named The Ryan Earl Brooks Memorial Scholarship
- Amount: $1,000.00
- Eligibility: Must be a male, must be a high school senior graduating in spring 2020, must have a least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale, must supply acceptable letter to an accredited institution of high learning, must supply a sealed official high school transcript, must attend scholarship banquet on May 2, 2020 to be eligible.
- Deadline: April 24,2020
2020 Rotary Club of Lubbock Scholarship Application - is pleases to offer financial scholarships up to $1,000.00 per recipient to graduating high school seniors currenly attending Coronado, Estacado, Frenship, Lubbock, Lubbock-Cooper or Monterey. Student may access the application at www.lubbockrotary.org.
- Amount: $1,000.00 per Recipient in financial grants
- Eligibility: Applications will be evaluated on the following criteria: 1. Academic Performance 2. Financial need 3. Intent to attend Texas Tech University, Lubbock Christian University, Wayland University, South Plains College, or local affiliate campus.
Deadline: April 30,2020
Frenship PTSA Scholarship Application -
The Frenship Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) grants scholarships to graduating seniors. Our primary purpose is to award students who exhibit exemplary service at home, community, school and PTSA. We will be awarding academic scholarships and vocational scholarships. Application for this scholarship is at the bottom of this page under Frenship PTSA. The completed Scholarship Application can be turned into the Counseling Office or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Amount: Each scholarship will award $500.00
- Eligibility: Must be a current PTSA member to apply. Join at pta.org
- Deadline: May 8, 2020
B. Davis Scholarship
- Please visit our website at http://www.studentawardsearch.com/scholarships.htm
to read about us and to apply for our scholarship. Our website
was developed solely for the purpose of helping students locate and apply for scholarships.
- Amount: $1,000.00
- Deadline: May 22, 2020
PB&J Scholarship -
My scholarship is focused on helping students whose test scores or GPA's might not be the best, but have the drive to succeed. Apply at http://bit.ly/pbjscholars2020
- Amount: $500 -$1,000
- Eligibility: Open to all college-bound seniors that are attending an accredited 2-year or 4-year college in the fall of 2020
- Deadline: May 31, 2020
The Navel Reserve Officers Training Corps (NROTC) Scholarship Program - offers students the opportunity to earn their degree and receive valuable leadership and management skills while enjoying the benefits of an exciting career. For more information go to http://www.nrotc.navy.mil.
- Amount: Tuition and other financial benefits worth up to $200,000.00. NROTC Units are located at more than 160 of the nation's leading colleges and universities.
- Eligibility: Be a U.S. Citizen, be 17 years old by Sept.1, Not older than 23 years old by Dec. 31 of the year you start college, completed high school/equivalent certificate and finally have taken the ACT or SAT test prior to deadline and receive at least the minimum scores listed: ACT: Combined Math and English 47 with no less than 21-Math and 22-English. SAT: Combined Math + Verbal/Critical Reading 1200 with no less than 540 - Math and 550 Verbal/Critical Reading.
- Scholarship opens April 1, 2020 and ends December 31, 2020.