Letter of Recommendation Personal Fact Sheet
In order for your counselor to consider writing a letter of recommendation for you, a personal fact sheet must be filled out. Letters of recommendation are needed to complete college or scholarship applications in most cases. A personal fact sheet will ensure the most accurate and comprehensive information will be used in the letter. Click here to access the Personal Fact Sheet.
www.collegecovered.com a FREE resource on planning and paying for college.
Available Scholarships 2019-2020
Wace Scholarship Partner Institutions - www.waceinc.org
College Fairs Online is now offering a $1,000.00
Every Chance Every Texan - hundreds of scholarship web sites and applications.
Go to http://www.everychanceeverytexan.org/funding/aid/faidalpha.php to see a complete list.
Affordable Colleges Online - Free resources on topics such as financial aid, college saving strategies, affordability and scorecard rankings, opportunities for Veterans and people with disabilities, as well as online learning resources.
University Tutors Scholarship Contest -
University Tutors holds a monthly $1,000 college scholarship contest where students write an essay in response to a monthly prompt. Visitors to the University Tutors scholarship webpage are able to vote via social media for submitted entries. The top five entries with the most votes are reviewed by University Tutors at the end of the month and one winner is subsequently chosen to receive the $1,000 college scholarship. Interested students can enter the contest here: http://www.universitytutor.com/scholarship-contest
SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES - http://scholarships.fastweb.com/y-high-school-seniors?utm_source=solo&utm_content=201411_EDU%3futm_source=solo&utm_content=201411_EDU
JUNIOR SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES - http://scholarships.fastweb.com/y-high-school-juniors?utm_source=solo&utm_content=201411_EDU
The Phi Beta Kappa Association of West Texas -Eastern New Mexico wishes to recognize high school junior students who have outstanding academic records and honor them with its Academic Excellence Award. Application forms are available below.
National Society of High School Scholars Foundation Scholarships - http://nshssfoundation.org/scholarships
Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Southwest Scholarship Program - The scholarship is awarded to applicants who have either: (1) Had a serious childhood illness or injury OR (2) had a sibling who had a serious childhood illness or injury which impacted the family.
Applicants must submit the following:
(1) RMHC Scholars application www.RMHCsouthwest.com
(2) A narrative which includes information about the illness and how it impacted the applicant and his/her family (include information about use of Ronald McDonald House or Ronald McDonald Family Room if applicable) For additional information, contact Linda Limon at 806-744-8877
The Community Foundation of West Texas Funding Information Library - students can search the database of over 100,000 foundations. Many of these foundations offer scholarships. Visit www.communityfoundationofwesttexas.org for more information and a list of all scholarships available through The Community Foundation of West Texas
West Texas A&M University Scholarship Opportunities - www.wtamu.edu/scholarships
The Community Foudation of West Texas - A complete list of available scholarships including applications are available on our website at: www.cfwtx.org
Students in the top 50% who have a corresponding ACT/SAT score may be guaranteed scholarships from Texas Tech University starting at $4000.00 per year. Review the new scholarship program here: www.depts.ttu.edu/admissions/cost-and-aid/FRScholarships1819.pdf
Community Foundation of West Texas offers various scholarship to Lubbock County Seniors. Go to https://www.cfwtx.org/current-scholarships
where all the scholarships are listed in alphabetical order.
1. The Don & Sybil Harrington Scholarship is for those going into the Math, Science, or Engineering fields. The award is for $5,000.00 a year for 4 years and is highly competitive.
2. The George Scott Jr. award is for an African American student from a Lubbock County high school who will be attending Texas Tech. This is a onetime award for $1,000.00.
3. Lubbock Art Association Scholarship is for those who plan on continuing their education in an arts related field.
4. Association of Texas Leaders for Education Scholarship is for a Texas resident graduating senior who will be attending a Texas school to pursue a secondary education.
5. Danny Gunn Memorial Scholarship is for graduating seniors at an Area 1 FFA Texas high school
6. The Lubbock Manufacturing Scholarship is for those going into metal trades or industrial technologies.
7. Lubbock Master Gardeners Association Scholarship is available through their group and is for those studying horticulture, botany or a related field.
Best Online Resource for Financial Help E-Scholarships USA www.collegeguidanceconsultants.com Simply the best online scholarship database.
FROM THIS POINT DOWN, SCHOLARSHIPS ARE LISTED BY DATE OF APPLICATION DEADLINE
Candidates who have questions about the application process may contact the program's administrator, Scholarship America, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carr P. Collins Scholars Program - The Carr P. Collins Scholars Program was established in 1993 to recognize academically gifted students who are dedicated to helping others in an effort to develop leaders of tomorrow through the gift of higher education. Through a $2 million grant from the Carr P. Collins Foundation, Baylor University awards scholarships to students who demonstrate leadership through service. The application is available online at: www.baylor/edu/admissions/CarrPCollins.
Operation Round Up Scholarship - South Plains Electric Cooperative's Operation Round Up is giving scholarships to high school seniors this year.
Lubbock Area Foundation