Letter of Recommendation Personal Fact Sheet
In order for your counselor to consider writing a letter of recommendation for you, a personal fact sheet must be filled out. Letters of recommendation are needed to complete college or scholarship applications in most cases. A personal fact sheet will ensure the most accurate and comprehensive information will be used in the letter. Click here to access the Personal Fact Sheet.
www.collegecovered.com a FREE resource on planning and paying for college.
Available Scholarships 2018-2019
Wace Scholarship Partner Institutions - www.waceinc.org
College Fairs Online is now offering a $1,000.00
Every Chance Every Texan - hundreds of scholarship web sites and applications.
Go to http://www.everychanceeverytexan.org/funding/aid/faidalpha.php to see a complete list.
Affordable Colleges Online - Free resources on topics such as financial aid, college saving strategies, affordability and scorecard rankings, opportunities for Veterans and people with disabilities, as well as online learning resources.
Go to http://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/
University Tutors Scholarship Contest -
University Tutors holds a monthly $1,000 college scholarship contest where students write an essay in response to a monthly prompt. Visitors to the University Tutors scholarship webpage are able to vote via social media for submitted entries. The top five entries with the most votes are reviewed by University Tutors at the end of the month and one winner is subsequently chosen to receive the $1,000 college scholarship. Interested students can enter the contest here: http://www.universitytutor.com/scholarship-contest
SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES - http://scholarships.fastweb.com/y-high-school-seniors?utm_source=solo&utm_content=201411_EDU%3futm_source=solo&utm_content=201411_EDU
JUNIOR SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES - http://scholarships.fastweb.com/y-high-school-juniors?utm_source=solo&utm_content=201411_EDU
The Phi Beta Kappa Association of West Texas -Eastern New Mexico wishes to recognize high school junior students who have outstanding academic records and honor them with its Academic Excellence Award. Application forms are available below.
National Society of High School Scholars Foundation Scholarships - http://nshssfoundation.org/scholarships
Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Southwest Scholarship Program - The scholarship is awarded to applicants who have either: (1) Had a serious childhood illness or injury OR (2) had a sibling who had a serious childhood illness or injury which impacted the family.
Applicants must submit the following:
(1) RMHC Scholars application www.RMHCsouthwest.com
(2) A narrative which includes information about the illness and how it impacted the applicant and his/her family (include information about use of Ronald McDonald House or Ronald McDonald Family Room if applicable) For additional information, contact Linda Limon at 806-744-8877
The Community Foundation of West Texas Funding Information Library - students can search the database of over 100,000 foundations. Many of these foundations offer scholarships. Visit www.communityfoundationofwesttexas.org for more information and a list of all scholarships available through The Community Foundation of West Texas
West Texas A&M University Scholarship Opportunities - www.wtamu.edu/scholarships
The Community Foudation of West Texas - A complete list of available scholarships including applications are available on our website at: www.cfwtx.org
Students in the top 50% who have a corresponding ACT/SAT score may be guaranteed scholarships from Texas Tech University starting at $4000.00 per year. Review the new scholarship program here: www.depts.ttu.edu/admissions/cost-and-aid/FRScholarships1819.pdf
FROM THIS POINT DOWN, SCHOLARSHIPS ARE LISTED BY DATE OF APPLICATION DEADLINE
2018 QuestBridge National College Match - is a nationally recognized nonprofit that connects high-achieving, low-income students to full four-year scholarships at the nation's best colleges, including Stanford, Yale, Amherst, and Duke. All of QuestBridge's 40 college partners are committed to make college affordable. www.questbridge.org/refer
- Amount: More than $200,000.00
- Eligibility: Excel academically and exhibit strong personal character. These students typically rank in the top 5-10% of their class and earn A's in the most challenging courses available. Come from households earning less than $65,000.00 annually (for a typically family of four) with minimal assets, and may be eligible for their school's free or reduced-price lunch.
- Deadline: The free, online application is due on September 27, 2018
2018 Wolfforth Harvest Queen - This contest is a tradition of the Wolfforth Area Chamber of Commerce. The Festival will take place on October 13 just west of Wolfforth City Hall (302 Main Street). If you have any question, please call the Chamber at (806)855-4159 or email email@example.com
- Amount: Harvest Queen receives a $750.00 scholarship and the Runner up will receive a $350.00 scholarship AND $100.00 Visa Gift card to the candidate who sells the most raffle tickers.
- Eligibility: Complete the application form, eligibility form completed by school counselor or principal, letter of recommendation from a school teacher or club/activity advisor, each candidate must submit a 250 word essay detailing your platform and finally each queen contestant must sell a minimum of 100 raffle tickets.
- Deadline: Application, letter of recommendation, eligibility form and essay are to be turned in by 4:00 PM on Friday September 28 to the Counselor's office. No late applications will be accepted. Interviews and ticket sales are due on Wednesday, October 3 at 6:30 at the Methodist Church. Harvest Festival Parade is at 9 AM, October 13 and we will crown the Queen at 10:30.
Scroll down this page for more information on 2018 Wolfforth Harvest Queen.
Raise Your Hand Texas Foundation - is committed to elevating the status of the teaching profession so more of our best and brightest students consider teaching as a career.
- Amount: Providing 100 students at partner universities with scholarships up to $8,000.00 per year for up to four years.
- Eligibility: The scholarship is available at the following universities:
- Our Lady of the Lake
- U.T. Austin
- UNT - Dallas
- Southern Methodist University
- Rice University
- University of Houston
- Texas A&M College Station Special Education Program
- U.T. Rio Grande Valley
- Texas Tech University
- Trinity University (Masters students only)
- Deadline: Applications for the scholarship open in the fall and selected scholars are notified in the spring.
AES Engineers Scholarship
- This award is available to all students, regardless of their field of study. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of character, as determined by evaluating the essays that are submitted. Go to http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm
- Amount: $500.00
- Eligibility: Student needs to answer one of the essay questions that can be found on our site
- Deadline: October 6, 2018
Wendy's High School Heisman -
This year, Wendy's High School Heisman is awarding over $60,000 in scholarships to the nation's most accomplished scholar-athletes. With winners from every school 100 State Winners, eight National Finalist, and two National Winners, your graduating seniors have lots of ways to join the ranks of more than 600,000 past winners. www.wendysheisman.com
- Amount: Over $60,000
- Eligibility: Maintaining a GPA of 3.0 or better, applicant also needs to be a proven leader and role model within their school and community. And applicants must perform in at least one of the 47 school sponsored sports recognized by the International Olympic Committee in the Summer and Winter Olympic Games or the National Federation of State High School Associations.
- Deadline: 10/17/2018
Voice of Democracy: "Why My Vote Matters" - Since 1947, The Voice of Democracy has been the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW's) premier scholarship program. Each year, nearly 40,000 high school students compete for more than $2 million in scholarships and incentives. Students compete by writing and recording an audio essay on an annual patriotic theme. Voice of Democracy contact is Cody Leake, (806)790-1361 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eligibility: Open to students in grades 9-12 by the Oct. 31 deadline,
- Deadline: Oct. 31, 2018
Scroll down this page for more information on voiceofdemocracy.pdf
- Amount: $100,000.00
- Eligibility: Beginning January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2018 complete an official entry from available at any Barbizon Center, special event, or online. Open to legal residents of the U.S. The tuition scholarship will be paid directly to the school, on behalf of the winner.
- Winner will be selected on or before December 1, 2019 in a random drawing.
- Amount: $500.00
- Eligibility: Please write a short essay telling us about how you're fighting or planning on fighting addiction and substance abuse.
- Deadline: June 30, 2019
Pinnacle Peak Recovery Scholarship -
Students are encouraged to write an essay explaining how they plan on fighting issues surrounding substance abuse and addiction. Examples may include: future career path, volunteering for a related cause, helping someone they love seek treatment, or even how they have overcome their own personal battles. Details and rules can be viewed at: https://www.pinnaclepeakrecovery.com/about-pinnacle-peak/scholarships-program/
- Amount: $500.00
- Eligibility: write an essay about abuse and addictions
- Deadline: June 30, 2019