Letter of Recommendation Personal Fact Sheet
In order for your counselor to consider writing a letter of recommendation for you, a personal fact sheet must be filled out. Letters of recommendation are needed to complete college or scholarship applications in most cases. A personal fact sheet will ensure the most accurate and comprehensive information will be used in the letter. Click here to access the Personal Fact Sheet.
www.collegecovered.com a FREE resource on planning and paying for college.
Available Scholarships 2017-2018
College Fairs Online is now offering a $1,000.00
Every Chance Every Texan - hundreds of scholarship web sites and applications.
Go to http://www.everychanceeverytexan.org/funding/aid/faidalpha.php to see a complete list.
Affordable Colleges Online - Free resources on topics such as financial aid, college saving strategies, affordability and scorecard rankings, opportunities for Veterans and people with disabilities, as well as online learning resources.
Go to http://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/
University Tutors Scholarship Contest -
University Tutors holds a monthly $1,000 college scholarship contest where students write an essay in response to a monthly prompt. Visitors to the University Tutors scholarship webpage are able to vote via social media for submitted entries. The top five entries with the most votes are reviewed by University Tutors at the end of the month and one winner is subsequently chosen to receive the $1,000 college scholarship. Interested students can enter the contest here: http://www.universitytutor.com/scholarship-contest
SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES - http://scholarships.fastweb.com/y-high-school-seniors?utm_source=solo&utm_content=201411_EDU%3futm_source=solo&utm_content=201411_EDU
JUNIOR SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES - http://scholarships.fastweb.com/y-high-school-juniors?utm_source=solo&utm_content=201411_EDU
The Phi Beta Kappa Association of West Texas -Eastern New Mexico wishes to recognize high school junior students who have outstanding academic records and honor them with its Academic Excellence Award. Application forms are available below.
National Society of High School Scholars Foundation Scholarships - http://nshssfoundation.org/scholarships
Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Southwest Scholarship Program - The scholarship is awarded to applicants who have either: (1) Had a serious childhood illness or injury OR (2) had a sibling who had a serious childhood illness or injury which impacted the family.
Applicants must submit the following:
(1) RMHC Scholars application www.RMHCsouthwest.com
(2) A narrative which includes information about the illness and how it impacted the applicant and his/her family (include information about use of Ronald McDonald House or Ronald McDonald Family Room if applicable) For additional information, contact Linda Limon at 806-744-8877
The Community Foundation of West Texas Funding Information Library - students can search the database of over 100,000 foundations. Many of these foundations offer scholarships. Visit www.communityfoundationofwesttexas.org for more information and a list of all scholarships available through The Community Foundation of West Texas
West Texas A&M University Scholarship Opportunities - www.wtamu.edu/scholarships
The Community Foudation of West Texas - A complete list of available scholarships including applications are available on our website at: www.cfwtx.org
FROM THIS POINT DOWN, SCHOLARSHIPS ARE LISTED BY DATE OF APPLICATION DEADLINE
- Amount: $1,000.00
- Eligibility: write an essay describing the three characteristics of leadership you value most. Discuss why you believe that these traits are so important and how you feel that they are developed in an individual.
- Deadline: May 22, 2018
- Amount: Since 2002, our company has awarded two students in the state of Texas a $10,000.00 scholarship each.
- Eligibility: Completed application, complete high school transcript, completed essay and signed 'General Rules & Guideline" document
- Deadline: May 25, 2018
Textbook Scholarships - Textbook Brokers in Searcy, Arkansas is giving away rental scholarships. Schools served by Textbook Brokers is Harding University, Arkansas State University - Searcy Campus, Beebe Campus and Heber Springs Campus. The scholarship winners will be chosen by random drawing. For more information go to: www.searcybooks.com
- Amount: (1) $250.00 rental scholarship. (1) $150.00 rental scholarship as well as (6) $100.00 rental scholarships
- Eligibility: Recipient must graduate from high school during the 2017-2018 school years, only one entry per student, recipients must provide us a copy of their schedule by August 1, 2018. Scholarship must be used during Fall 2018 semester and applied to books that are rented.
- Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Amount 1,000.00
- Eligibility: Students will submit an essay on the topic that appears on the scholarship page of the website
- Deadline: June 14, 2018
- Amount: 1020 scholarships with a maximum award amount of $2,500.00
- Eligibility: Have completed high school by Spring 2018, be enrolled in a 2 year or less career or technical degree/certificate program in Fall 2018 that will lead to employment, attend a not for profit post secondary institution, demonstrate financial need: applicants must be Pell Grant eligible, be under the age of 30 and be a United States citizen.
- Deadline: June 15, 2018
is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. www.bigsunathletics.com
- Amount: $500.00
- Eligibility: applicant must be a high school senior and currently involved in some sport at that institution or in the community.
- Deadline: June 19, 2018
CardRates.com - is proud to offer the Financial Futures Scholarship to future and current college students majoring in Business Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Management, and others preparing for a career in the personal finance industry. For further questions on the Financial Futures Scholarship, please submit your inquiry via our online contact form (http://www.cardrates.com/contact) or (http://www.cardrates.com/scholarship) for more information.
- Amount: $1,000.00
- Eligibility: Must be a U.S. resident, minimum GPA of 3.5, Majoring in business, accounting, finance, mathematics, management, and others related to the personal finance industry, must sent in an official transcript, must be a current or future college student, scholarship must go to the tuition purposes, and must complete an essay for submission. Essay topic: In 10 years, how do you see yourself impacting the finance industry?
- Deadline: July 31, 2018
Scroll down this page for more information on Cardrates.pdf
Black Note $2,000.00 Smoke-Free World Scholarship -
Black Note is looking to award a $2,000.00 scholarship to each student that shares innovative, ingenious or just plain good ideas on ways to help smokers put down cigarettes and join the world's smoke-free movement. We're doing our part with a mission of helping to create a smoke-free world by providing the most authentic and enjoyable alternative to smoking. https://www.blacknote/com/scholarship/
- Amount: $2,000.00
- Eligibility: Be a full time student, be 18 years of age, and be a legal residents of the 50 United States and ten provinces of Canada, complete an online application, and submit an essay discussing your smoke-free world ideas.
- Deadline: July 31, 2018
AES Engineers Scholarship
- This award is available to all students, regardless of their field of study. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of character, as determined by evaluating the essays that are submitted. Go to http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm
- Amount: $500.00
- Eligibility: Student needs to answer one of the essay questions that can be found on our site
- Deadline: October 6, 2018
Voice of Democracy: "Why My Vote Matters" - Since 1947, The Voice of Democracy has been the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW's) premier scholarship program. Each year, nearly 40,000 high school students compete for more than $2 million in scholarships and incentives. Students compete by writing and recording an audio essay on an annual patriotic theme. Voice of Democracy contact is Cody Leake, (806)790-1361 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eligibility: Open to students in grades 9-12 by the Oct. 31 deadline,
- Deadline: Oct. 31, 2018
Scroll down this page for more information on voiceofdemocracy.pdf
- Amount: $100,000.00
- Eligibility: Beginning January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2018 complete an official entry from available at any Barbizon Center, special event, or online. Open to legal residents of the U.S. The tuition scholarship will be paid directly to the school, on behalf of the winner.
- Winner will be selected on or before December 1, 2019 in a random drawing.