Letter of Recommendation Personal Fact Sheet
In order for your counselor to consider writing a letter of recommendation for you, a personal fact sheet must be filled out. Letters of recommendation are needed to complete college or scholarship applications in most cases. A personal fact sheet will ensure the most accurate and comprehensive information will be used in the letter. Click here to access the Personal Fact Sheet.
www.collegecovered.com a FREE resource on planning and paying for college.
Available Scholarships 2019-2020
Wace Scholarship Partner Institutions - www.waceinc.org
College Fairs Online is now offering a $1,000.00
Every Chance Every Texan - hundreds of scholarship web sites and applications.
Go to http://www.everychanceeverytexan.org/funding/aid/faidalpha.php to see a complete list.
Affordable Colleges Online - Free resources on topics such as financial aid, college saving strategies, affordability and scorecard rankings, opportunities for Veterans and people with disabilities, as well as online learning resources.
Go to http://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/
University Tutors Scholarship Contest -
University Tutors holds a monthly $1,000 college scholarship contest where students write an essay in response to a monthly prompt. Visitors to the University Tutors scholarship webpage are able to vote via social media for submitted entries. The top five entries with the most votes are reviewed by University Tutors at the end of the month and one winner is subsequently chosen to receive the $1,000 college scholarship. Interested students can enter the contest here: http://www.universitytutor.com/scholarship-contest
SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES - http://scholarships.fastweb.com/y-high-school-seniors?utm_source=solo&utm_content=201411_EDU%3futm_source=solo&utm_content=201411_EDU
JUNIOR SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES - http://scholarships.fastweb.com/y-high-school-juniors?utm_source=solo&utm_content=201411_EDU
The Phi Beta Kappa Association of West Texas -Eastern New Mexico wishes to recognize high school junior students who have outstanding academic records and honor them with its Academic Excellence Award. Application forms are available below.
National Society of High School Scholars Foundation Scholarships - http://nshssfoundation.org/scholarships
Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Southwest Scholarship Program - The scholarship is awarded to applicants who have either: (1) Had a serious childhood illness or injury OR (2) had a sibling who had a serious childhood illness or injury which impacted the family.
Applicants must submit the following:
(1) RMHC Scholars application www.RMHCsouthwest.com
(2) A narrative which includes information about the illness and how it impacted the applicant and his/her family (include information about use of Ronald McDonald House or Ronald McDonald Family Room if applicable) For additional information, contact Linda Limon at 806-744-8877
The Community Foundation of West Texas Funding Information Library - students can search the database of over 100,000 foundations. Many of these foundations offer scholarships. Visit www.communityfoundationofwesttexas.org for more information and a list of all scholarships available through The Community Foundation of West Texas
West Texas A&M University Scholarship Opportunities - www.wtamu.edu/scholarships
The Community Foudation of West Texas - A complete list of available scholarships including applications are available on our website at: www.cfwtx.org
Students in the top 50% who have a corresponding ACT/SAT score may be guaranteed scholarships from Texas Tech University starting at $4000.00 per year. Review the new scholarship program here: www.depts.ttu.edu/admissions/cost-and-aid/FRScholarships1819.pdf
Community Foundation of West Texas offers various scholarship to Lubbock County Seniors. Go to https://www.cfwtx.org/current-scholarships
where all the scholarships are listed in alphabetical order.
1. The Don & Sybil Harrington Scholarship is for those going into the Math, Science, or Engineering fields. The award is for $5,000.00 a year for 4 years and is highly competitive.
2. The George Scott Jr. award is for an African American student from a Lubbock County high school who will be attending Texas Tech. This is a onetime award for $1,000.00.
3. Lubbock Art Association Scholarship is for those who plan on continuing their education in an arts related field.
4. Association of Texas Leaders for Education Scholarship is for a Texas resident graduating senior who will be attending a Texas school to pursue a secondary education.
5. Danny Gunn Memorial Scholarship is for graduating seniors at an Area 1 FFA Texas high school
6. The Lubbock Manufacturing Scholarship is for those going into metal trades or industrial technologies.
7. Lubbock Master Gardeners Association Scholarship is available through their group and is for those studying horticulture, botany or a related field.
Best Online Resource for Financial Help E-Scholarships USA www.collegeguidanceconsultants.com Simply the best online scholarship database.
FROM THIS POINT DOWN, SCHOLARSHIPS ARE LISTED BY DATE OF APPLICATION DEADLINE
The Texas Association for Pupil Transportation -
is pleased to announce the 19th Annual School Bus Safety Speech Contest. The contest is intended to encourage high school students to be conscious of the importance of school bus safety and promote academic achievement. Students will be encouraged to compose and present an original speech based on the theme: "Can't Touch This - The Danger Zone!"
Go to www.tapt.com
On the banner at the top of the screen select "Events": then select "Speech Contest".
Please note that only one participant from each grade level (9th, 10th, 11th and 12th) per public school district may be registered or participate at the Regional Level. A representative of the school district must register the students to assure multiple registration do not occur within the district.
- Amount: $5,200.00 in awards to be awarded at State Contest.
- Deadline: 4:00 PM on Friday, January 24, 2020. Registration is to be done online at www.tapt.com
Texas Student Housing - 2020-2021 Scholarship - This scholarship is open to students accepted to colleges in Austin, College Station, or Denton, Texas, that have not signed off-campus housing leases. Please note: Texas Women's University typically does not permit Freshman or Sophomore students to live off campus. The University of North Texas restricts Freshman from living off-campus as well. Therefore scholarships may be limited to upper-classmen at these universities.
- Eligibility: TSHA Scholarships are available to Texas High School graduating seniors, Community College attendees, and university upper classmen who have previously graduated from a Texas High School.
- Deadline: January 31, 2020
Application for this scholarship is at the bottom of this page under Texas Student Housing.
Delta Theta Chi Sorority (A National Organization for Women) - a national non-collegiate education sorority, is accepting applications for Three (3) scholarships, in the amount of $1,600.00.
- Requirements call for the student to reside in the United States, have a high scholastic average, show evidence of financial need, and are currently enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited college. Applicants also need to submit an application form, with attachments as specified by the National Executive Council. These scholarships are awarded annually to students of promise and distinction.
- Deadline: February 1, 2020
Operation Round Up - Minimum of $20K in Scholarships Available to Local Students. Do you want to go to college? Every year we award scholarships to aspiring young men and women to help make their college dreams a reality.
- Are you a member of South Plains Electric Cooperative?
If you’re a graduating high school senior attending a qualifying school and are a member or a spouse, child or stepchild of a member, or child whose legal guardian is a member, you’re eligible for one of our $1,000 scholarships!
- Operation Round Up Scholarship application deadline is February 3 at 5 p.m.
- Visit SPEC.coop to view and complete an application.
- For more information, contact Whitney Bryant at wbryant@SPEC.coop or 806.775.7829.
Junior League of Lubbock -
is offering a Volunteer Service Award Scholarship to a female high school Senior who demonstrates an exemplary commitment to volunteerism in her community. For more information go to http://www.jllubbock.com
- Amount: $2,50.00
- Eligibility: Female Senior, College-bound in the Fall of 2020 (to either a two-year college or four-year university), resident of Lubbock, Lamb, Hale, Floyd, Crosby, Garza, Lynn, Terry, or Hockley counties and demonstrated commitment to voluntarism.
- Deadline: February 28, 2020
South Plains College Scholarship 2020-2021 -
Any student wishing to apply for the scholarships needs to have applied for admissions to South Plains College. Once accepted the records and admissions office will send the student an email with their username. Students must activate their MySPC account with their username and requested generic password. The web address to the SPC scholarship portal is https://southplainscollege.academicworks.com
- Eligibility: Students will need to complete an activity resume, that can include awards, activities, volunteer work or employment information, a career goal essay and at lease one, or up to three, recommendation letters from someone other than immediate family members.
- Deadline: March 2, 2020
Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation - provides scholarships to the children of Marines and Navy Corpsmen attending post-high school, undergraduate, and career technical educational programs. For more information go to mcsf.org/apply
- Amount: Awarded over $8.2 million to more than 2,360 students and will provide a similar level of support in the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Deadling: March 2, 2020
The Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) -
South Plains Telephone Coop participates in the FRS Scholarship program. The Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) along with NTCA-The Rural Broadband Assocation strongly supports the continuing education of rural youth. In 2020 The FRS Foundation will be awarding $2,000.00 scholarships to students who qualifies for an FRS Scholarship. https://www.frs.org/programs/youth-programs/scholarships
and look under the tab "FRS Scholarship Application Information.
- Eligibility: Parents or legal guardian is a member of SPTC. SPTC service areas have telephone numbers with these prefixes: 245, 262, 297, 328, 649, 657, 697, 757, 829, 842, 863, 864, 873, 879, 889, and 895. Most students whose home phones begin with one of these prefixes are eligible to apply.
- Deadline: March 6, 2020
South Plains Telephone Cooperative (SPTC) - pleased to announce that Twelve $1,500.00 Scholarships will be available to the dependents of member of SPTC. For more information will go to http://sptc.net
- Eligibility: A student must be a graduating senior in 2020, the son or daughter of a current member of SPTC, and currently receiving telephone service from SPTC. SPTC service areas have telephone numbers with these prefixes: 245, 262, 297, 328, 649, 657, 697, 757, 829, 842, 863, 864, 873, 879, 889, and 895. Most students whose home phones begin with one of these prefixes are eligible to apply.
- Deadline: March 6, 2020
H-E-B Schoolarship for UIL Participants -
H-E-B will award 15 high school seniors who participated in UIL competitions with a $2,000.00 scholarship in recognition of thier community service and involvement in their communities. Please submit your applications to www.sportsinaction.com/scholarship/
- Eligibility: Minimum 3.3 GPA, Number of Community Service Hours completed in the last 12 months. Community Service Verification Letter to document the number of hours submitted. A letter of recommendation. A short Essay (500 words or less) on the topic: "What does Community mean to you?"
- Deadline: March 14, 2020
Willow Bend Elementary Teacher and Student Council Scholarship - The Willow Bend Family is excited to announce the start of this new scholarship. This scholarship will be awarded to a deserving student(s) who want to further their education. This scholarship is only available to past students of Willow Bend Elementary who are currently enrolled at Frenship High School. The scholarship will be awarded for the fall semester of 2020. The recipient(s) will be selected from a committee made up of teachers, students, and administrators. The selection committee will look at GPA, educational goals, reference letters, and extracurricular involvement. All applicant's personal information will be kept anonymous during the selection process. Recipient(s) will be notified by email once a decision has been made. Application for this scholarship is at the bottom of this page under Willow Bend Scholarship.
- Eligibility: Recipient must be enrolled at a college/university/trade school full time (12 credit hours) for Fall 2020. Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 upon graduation at Frenship High School
- Deadline: March 27, 2020
Student View Scholarship Program - is a market research firm helping colleges and universities communicate more effectively with high school seniors. For more information will go to www.student-view.com
- Amount: One $5,000.00 scholarship, Two $1,000.00 scholarship and Ten $500.00 scholarships
- Eligibility: The scholarship will be awarded via a random drawing of all completed applications.
- Deadline: April 22, 2020
B. Davis Scholarship
- Please visit our website at http://www.studentawardsearch.com/scholarships.htm
to read about us and to apply for our scholarship. Our website
was developed solely for the purpose of helping students locate and apply for scholarships.
Deadline: May 22, 2020