Sign up for our Dual Credit and/or AP Remind Groups. This is the best way to get updates quickly about your Dual Credit and AP courses Dual Credit Remind. AP Remind
The deadline to ADD Dual Credit Courses to your schedule for 2020-2021 is May 28th at 4 pm. Contact your counselor ASAP if you need to add any dual credit classes. After this deadline, you will have to wait until your FHS registration day to request any additional dual credit courses.
Spring 2020 Dual Credit Grades - Current dual credit students will receive TWO SEPARATE grades this semester: One for FHS and one for ASU. The FHS grade has been communicated by the district. A passing grade will be a 100 and a failing grade will be a 69. However, dual credit students will receive a true and accurate grade for Angelo State University based on the work they complete while remote learning. The grade in Skyward is not reflective of the ASU grade. For example, a student could receive a 100 for the FHS grade and a C with ASU for college credit. Dual Credit teachers are using Blackboard, Schoology or emailing students to communicate the ASU grade. We just want to be clear that students still need to be working hard and completing all assignments because the work done in remote learning will directly affect the college grade they receive. Please reach out to your teacher or counselor if you have any questions.
Dual Credit for 2020-2021
Use this link for the Fall 2020 application for dual credit.
- ONLY STUDENTS NEW TO DUAL CREDIT NEED TO APPLY
- ONLY USE THE LINK ABOVE. PLEASE DO NOT USE THE ASU WEBPAGE.
- If you have to pay an application fee, you are completing the wrong application.
New TSI Information:
- The TSI requirement is waived for non-restricted courses (All Courses EXCEPT English Dual Credit, Math Dual Credit and Online Dual Credit Courses) for the 20-21 school year only. Students must have an 80 GPA.
- All 10th grade Dual Credit Courses are non-restricted.
- Students taking restricted courses (English, Math, and Online Government Dual Credit Courses) will still need to pass the corresponding section of the TSI.
- Students taking AP Statistics and AP Calculus will have the TSI Math requirement waived for the 20-21 school year.
- Once we are able, FHS will add TSI testing dates in the summer.
- Remote TSI testing may be a possibility; more information to come.
New Information on Deadlines:
- Psychology and Sociology Dual Credit are currently full.
- July 2, 2020 at 4:00 PM- Deadline to be compliant for 20-21 dual credit courses (Application, Agreement Form, TSI and/or 80 GPA).
- Students not compliant after this date will be dropped from dual credit courses. Students can add courses back to schedule at August registration once compliant and as seats are available.
Contact Paula Bradley at email@example.com with any dual credit questions.
TSI Testing for Spring 2020
Please note that, due to extended school closings, all of the FHS and NGC Spring TSI sessions have been canceled. If you signed up for one of those dates through MySchoolBucks using a credit/debit card, you will receive an automatic refund. Those who paid through a checking account will be issued checks, so the process may take a bit longer for that refund. We will let you know how we will proceed with TSI testing going forward after the extended school closing.
An Important Message for the class of 2020
from Texas Tech University
During these times, we want to make enrollment at Texas Tech University as easy as possible for your students. To better support your students, we have made the following updates to our enrollment processes:
- The application for admission will remain open throughout the summer to provide additional time for completion.
- The Fall Presidential Scholarship Priority Deadline is extended to June 1, 2020 (was Dec. 1, 2019).
- SAT scores from the June 6th exam or the ACT exam dates of June 13th and July 18th will be accepted for scholarship consideration.
- Students may send a PDF of official test scores from the testing agency website to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unofficial high school and college transcripts for admission consideration will be accepted. Transcripts may be emailed to email@example.com or uploaded in their RaiderConnect portal.
- At this time, in-person Red Raider Orientation will go on as planned. Encourage your admitted students to register at www.redraiderorientation.ttu.edu.
I will continue to provide you updates as necessary. In the meantime, don't hesitate to contact me if you or your students have any questions.